Piano Teacher and Guest Opera Lecturer
- Taught piano privately and in college in New York, Indiana and Florida for over 40 years.
- Served on the Faculty at State University of New York at Stonybrook, Earlham College (Richmond, IN), Indiana University East (Richmond, IN) and Miami University of Ohio (Oxford, OH).
- Served as Jury Chairman for the Cincinnati World Piano Competition for three years.
- Conducted more than 500 performances of operas, operettas, musicals and concerts.
- Created opera education programs as well as opera residencies for elementary school children in Indiana , Ohio and Massachusetts .
- Served as guest lecturer and conductor for several Universities.
- Created apprenticeship programs for young artists and foreign study programs.
- Served as management and long-range planning consultant to several Indiana Arts Organizations funded by the Indiana Arts Commission.
- Led opera workshops for universities as well as private groups.
- Served as Judge for Opera Competitions at the Columbus (OH) Opera, and Dayton (OH) Opera.
- Served as Judge for Scholarship Auditions at Stetson University and Cincinnati Conservatory of Music.
- Served as Judge for Choral and Vocal Finals for the Indiana Statewide Music Competitions.
- Member of Boards of Directors for Indiana Public Radio, The Phoenix Quartet (NYC), Dayton, OH Boys Choir, Indiana Presenters Network, and others.
- Served as Music Panelist for the Indiana Arts Commission.
- Received Honorary Doctor of Music Degree from Indiana University (May, 2000).
25 Replies to “Background”